An Evangelical Presbyterian Church -- A Church of Biblical Values
Welcome to the Family of Faith Presbyterian Church of Pembroke Pines, FL
S U N D A Y S C H E D U L E
Adult Sunday School - 9:15 A.M. (child care available)
Worship - 10:30A.M. (nursery care provided)
(Children start out in worship and then go to their classes)
Ignite Worship (for High School and Young Adults)
PLEASE SEE THE NEW
"FAITH CHURCH STATEMENT ON MARRIAGE."
CLICK ON THE LINK TO THE LEFT.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
WE BELIEVE the Bible is the authentic, written Word of God, true in everything it affirms. Scripture is the only infallible guide to faith and practice.
WE BELIEVE there is one true God; revealed in three distinct persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
WE BELIEVE Jesus Christ is Savior and Lord. Born of a virgin, He gave himself to be crucified so that our sins may be forgiven.
WE BELIEVE each individual must personally receive Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
WE BELIEVE Jesus rose bodily from the dead and returned into heaven, where He now is making intercession for us. We believe Jesus will return to earth, visibly and physically, in judgment, and that believers will be with Him for eternity.
WE BELIEVE the power of the Holy Spirit enables the church to live its faith before the world, testifying in word and work to the life-changing capability of the Lord Jesus Christ.
FAITH PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH EXISTS TO:
Exalt God in worship and prayer
Enjoy together our life in Jesus Christ
Educate God's people in faithful discipleship
Equip and Encourage God's people to serve
Evangelize the world
"May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."
~ Galatians 6:14
NOTES FROM THE PASTOR
"He is not here, he has been raised." - Luke 24:6 (GNB)
These words, spoken by the angel at the empty tomb, ushered in a whole new era for humanity. Up until the resurrection, evil was in control of the world and Satan had a free reign over the people. But when God raised Jesus from death on that first Easter Sunday, all that changed. Satan was defeated, evil was overcome, and Jesus Christ began to reign.
Needless to say, evil and Satan are still around. At times, it seems like they are still in control. But this is not true. Satan is fighting a desperate, but losing, battle. He is burning fields and blowing up bridges behind him as he retreats, but those are only signs that his final defeat is closer than ever.
As we have just celebrated the resurrection on Easter, remember that we are "more than victors" in Jesus Christ. Let us act like the overcomers we are supposed to be, for our Lord has won the battle, and we need never fear defeat.
Christ Is Risen!
Essentials of Our Faith
All Scripture is self-attesting and being Truth, requires our unreserved submission in all areas of life. The infallible Word of God, the sixty-six books of the Old and New Testaments, is a complete and unified witness to God's redemptive acts culminating in the incarnation of the Living Word, the Lord Jesus Christ. The Bible, uniquely and fully inspired by the Holy Spirit, is the supreme and final authority on all matters on which it speaks. On this sure foundation we affirm these additional Essentials of our faith:
- We believe in one God, the sovereign Creator and Sustainer of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. To Him be all honor, glory and praise forever!
- Jesus Christ, the living Word, became flesh through His miraculous conception by the Holy Spirit and His virgin birth. He who is true God became true man united in one Person forever. He died on the cross a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. On the third day He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, where, at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He now is our High Priest and Mediator.
- The Holy Spirit has come to glorify Christ and to apply the saving work of Christ to our hearts. He convicts us of sin and draws us to the Savior. Indwelling our hearts, He gives new life to us, empowers and imparts gifts to us for service. He instructs and guides us into all truth, and seals us for the day of redemption.
- Being estranged from God and condemned by our sinfulness, our salvation is wholly dependent upon the work of God's free grace. God credits His righteousness to those who put their faith in Christ alone for their salvation, thereby justifies them in His sight. Only such as are born of the Holy Spirit and receive Jesus Christ become children of God and heirs of eternal life.
- The true Church is composed of all persons who through saving faith in Jesus Christ and the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit are united together in the body of Christ. The Church finds her visible, yet imperfect, expression in local congregations where the Word of God is preached in its purity and the sacraments are administered in their integrity; where scriptural discipline is practiced, and where loving fellowship is maintained. For her perfecting, she awaits the return of her Lord.
- Jesus Christ will come again to the earth-personally, visibly, and bodily-to judge the living and the dead, and to consummate history and the eternal plan of God. "Even so, come, Lord Jesus." (Rev. 22:20)
- The Lord Jesus Christ commands all believers to proclaim the Gospel throughout the world and to make disciples of all nations. Obedience to the Great Commission requires total commitment to "Him who loved us and gave Himself for us." He calls us to a life of self-denying love and service. "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them." (Eph. 2:10)
The family of Faith invites you to join us to worship God, to proclaim the Good News of salvation in Jesus the Christ, to serve by the power and direction of the Holy Spirit, and to be part of the loving community that is the church.